Part of Liberty Hospitalís commitment to the patients we serve is our free transportation service. The hospital will provide transportation for those times when you have to go to the hospital and are unable to arrange other transportation.
Who can use the transportation services?
- Patients utilizing Liberty Hospitalís inpatient or outpatient services. Our transportation service will pick you up from your home and take you to the hospital.
- Patients using the services of any of the physicians at The Liberty Clinic, Liberty Cardiovascular Specialists or Liberty Cardiothoracic Surgeons.
- Long-term care facilities sending patients to Liberty Hospital for inpatient or outpatient services or to The Liberty Clinic, Liberty Cardiovascular Specialists or Liberty Cardiothoracic Surgeons for non-emergency care. Patients who will be going to a long-term care facility after their stay at Liberty Hospital may also use the transportation service for the trip, as long as they are able to sit up and travel without assistance.
The Liberty Hospital transit van is not an ambulance service. It is used for non-emergency transfers or transportation and is not staffed or equipped to care for acutely ill or critically ill patients. To ensure the safety of our patients, our driver may determine if a patient is or isn't able to use the transit van as a means of transportation.
What are the qualifications to use the transportation services?
- There must be no other means of transportation available to the patient.
- The transfer must be a non-emergency transfer, and the patient needs to be able to sit up and travel without assistance.
- If the patient needs additional assistance at home, someone must be available to meet the van and assume responsibility for the patient.
- There should be no more than two steps at a wheelchair patientís residence.
- Extra wide wheelchairs and special needs of patients must be noted in advance.
How to schedule a ride
Call the Liberty Hospital Transportation Department at (816) 792-7105 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Transportation is scheduled based on availability.