Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care is our primary concern at Liberty Hospital, and in order to enhance the quality of care, specific visiting regulations have been established for each unit. Patients, family, staff and physicians may participate in defining the visiting times to meet your individual needs.
Following are general guidelines for visitors:
1. Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
2. People with colds or any other contagious diseases should not visit patients.
3. Visits should be kept short.
4. Visitors must maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
5. Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments, or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
6. The number of visitors may be limited based on the patient's condition and out of respect for other patients.
Gifts for patients
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients. Please check with the nurse to make sure your gift is appropriate. On the intensive care unit, please check with the unit nurse regarding gifts or flowers for the patient.
No latex policy
Due to the increased incidence of latex-related allergies of our patients and staff members, Liberty Hospital has adopted a latex-free guideline for all areas of the hospital. As part of this guideline, the hospital will no longer accept latex balloons for patients, their family members or hospital staff.