At Liberty Hospital, about 175 individuals donate their time and talents to the organization. They fill vital roles, including staffing the hospital gift shop, giving directions to patients and visitors at the information desk and performing clerical duties. In addition to meeting some outstanding people, our volunteers receive a free meal in the cafeteria for each shift they work. They also participate in the annual volunteer Christmas party, hospital events and a special volunteer awards banquet.
To volunteer, you must be 18 or older and out of high school. You must also become a member of the hospital's auxiliary. Click on the opportunities in the list below to see descriptions.
Annual auxiliary membership dues:
- $5 for working members (at least four hours per month).
- $25 for associate members (nonworking members).
- $100 for a life membership.
The dues collected go into the auxiliary administrative fund to pay for a variety of projects, such as:
- Sewing projects.
- Cards and postage sent to auxiliary members.
- Tray favors for patients during the holidays.
- MAHA and Missouri Hospital Association meetings.
- The memorial fund.
For more information about the auxiliary or to join, contact Jean Moorefield at 816.792.7191.
Volunteer fast facts
- 167 active volunteers
- 56 life members
- 12 students/4 teachers Liberty High School Gateway Students (recycle)
- Youngest active – 17 years old
- Oldest active – 95 years old
- The sewing committee makes four types of comfort pillows: tummy, OB, heart and mastectomy. They make about 300 per month.
- 29,518 volunteer hours in 2018
- At minimum wage, that's $253,854
- Average work day: 20 to 25 volunteers are in the hospital 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Volunteers work in about 25 different areas throughout the hospital during the year
Auxiliary Fundraisers - $16,734
Purchased by Auxiliary - Wheelchairs, 3D mammogram machine with AFFIRM upright stereotactic biopsy attachment