COVID & Vaccine
The vaccine is widely available throughout the area. To find locations, visit Clay County Public Health Center's Where to Get Vaccinated page for a list of local vaccinators.
The ongoing safety of patients, caregivers and our community remains our top priority. Interim visitor guidelines have been implemented to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19. These guidelines apply to people who are not hospital caregivers and employees, affiliated providers, or patients/individuals seeking care or services for themselves.
Visitor Policy (8/29/22)
The Missouri Compassionate Care Visitation Act is now in effect and applies to hospital visitor policies UNLESS a state of emergency has been declared. At such time, this policy will be updated.
WEAR A MASK All visitors are encouraged to wear a CDC-recommended mask instead of cloth masks. These masks are available at hospital entrances. Other PPE will be provided if needed.
VISITING HOURS ARE 24/7 FOR NON-COVID PATIENTS
- Must be free of COVID symptoms/exposure
- No age restrictions (except ICU)
- No pet visits. Service animals allowed. See policy.
Non-COVID patients may have unlimited healthy visitors anytime (except ICU)
COVID patients (or those with any signs/symptoms of a transmissible disease) may have:
- Two healthy visitors simultaneously per day for at minimum six hours.
- Visitors may leave and return.
- The visitor(s) must wear specific protective equipment as determined by the healthcare team.
- For specific questions about the Birthing Center, call 816.792.7229.
Virtual visits If a patient needs a device (e.g., smartphone or tablet), please ask the patient care team, so we may help you with devices and technical support.