COVID & Vaccine
The vaccine is widely available throughout the area. To find locations, visit Clay County Public Health Center's Where to Get Vaccinated page for a list of local vaccinators.
The ongoing safety of patients, caregivers and our community remains our top priority. Interim visitor guidelines have been implemented to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19. These guidelines apply to people who are not hospital caregivers and employees, affiliated providers, or patients/individuals seeking care or services for themselves.
NEW Visitor Policy effective April 25, 2022
WEAR A MASK
VISITING HOURS ARE NOW 24/7 FOR NON-COVID PATIENTS
- Must be free of COVID symptoms/exposure
- Must be 15 or older
- No pets
Non-COVID patients may have unlimited healthy visitors anytime (except ICU)
COVID patients may have one visitor for one hour per day, except for:
- COVID laboring mothers may have one designated healthy visitor throughout their stay. For details, call Birthing Center, 816.792.7229.
- COVID patients at end of life will be allowed two symptom-free visitor(s) for a one-hour visit. The visitor(s) must wear specific protective equipment as determined by the healthcare team.
To enter Liberty Hospital visitors must:
- Wear masks. All visitors are encouraged to wear a CDC-recommended mask instead of cloth masks. These masks are available at hospital entrances. Other PPE will be provided if needed.
- Be in good health. Visitors should complete self-screening at home. They should stay home if having COVID symptoms, awaiting test results or if they have been recently exposed to COVID.
- Perform hand hygiene before entering and upon leaving our facility and rooms to prevent the spread of virus on high touch surfaces.
We continue to encourage hospital patients to communicate electronically or by phone with loved ones and friends. Video chat, voice and text messaging options are digital alternatives and help our patients and loved ones feel connected. Should patients desire to visit others virtually and lack a device (e.g., smartphone or tablet), please let the patient care team know so we may help you with devices and technical support.