Patient Family Advisory Council
Be part of the Liberty Hospital Patient and Family Advisory Council!
Enhancing the patient experience is about focusing on healthcare through the eyes of others. We request your partnership and invite you to join the Liberty Hospital Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC). This is your opportunity to make an impact on the care of patients.
The Liberty Hospital PFAC ensures patients have a voice in their healthcare journey. We will accomplish this by:
- Improved communication and collaboration so care and services will become more integrated.
- Enhanced experiences and delivery of patient-and family-centered care.
The PFAC mission, vision and values will guide our council activities and outcomes.
What is the time commitment?
Meetings will be held every other month and there may be other requested activities.
We are looking for patients and family members willing to make a commitment to:
- Work as a team.
- Share experiences.
- Provide honest feedback.
- Respect the perspective of others.
- Meet with other patients and families.
- Work on other projects as requested.
- Educate the hospital leadership and staff.
- Work to enhance the patient and family experience.
- Transform care.
What is the purpose of the council?
- To gain a better understanding of the patient and their family members' experience and expectations, and to learn how we can consistently can deliver on those expectations.
- To improve patient and family satisfaction and loyalty with their healthcare experience.
- To serve as a resource and link between patients, families and healthcare providers.
- To facilitate collaboration by having patients, families, health-system leaders and care providers collaborate regarding policy and program development, implementation of patient-care initiatives and evaluation of current care practices.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a member of the Liberty Hospital Patient and Family Advisory Council, contact Jan Watkins, R.N., M.S., OCN, CHPN, Director Oncology Services and PFAC Coordinator at 816.792.7253.
Ready to apply?
Download an application now. You can return it either by:
- Email to Jan Watkins.
- Mail to Jan Watkins, Liberty Hospital, 2525 Glenn Hendren Drive, Liberty, MO 64068.