How is Financial Assistance Determined?
Financial assistance is based on need and determined by Federal Poverty Levels, which includes income, number of family members and assets. Financial need does not consider age, gender, race, social, or immigrant status, sexual orientation or religious affiliation.
To apply for financial assistance, you must complete a Financial Assistance Application and collect supporting documentation. To request a free application be mailed to you, call 816-407-4861 or print out this application. Income documentation will be requested with your application.
Physicians and offices that honor Liberty Hospital Financial Assistance Policy
- Review the list of physicians and offices BELOW to determine if your doctor is covered under Liberty Hospital Financial Assistance Policy.
- You will then contact and inform them that you received a discount if you were approved.
- They will require a copy of your approval letter.
- If you were seen in the Emergency Department, the physician who treated you will also send you a separate bill for their services. Liberty Hospital Emergency Medicine Physicians, LLC (877-342-7261) honors the charity discount.
- If you were seen for a Radiology test, the radiologist who read your results will also send you a separate bill for their services. Alliance Radiology (855-410-3198) honors the charity discount.
- If you received Lab work, the pathologist who handled your lab will also send you a separate bill for their services. MAWD (866-932-6216) honors the charity discount.
- If you were admitted into the hospital, some of your physicians who treated you MAY cover the discount charity. You will want to contact the Central Billing Office (816-407-4200) to determine if your physician is covered.
This information is available in: Arabic, French, German, Spanish or Vietnamese.
What happens if I have a catastrophic medical event?
In situations such as serious medical illnesses or accidents requiring costly treatment, patients who might normally not qualify for financial assistance may be approved for partial assistance.
If you qualify, your responsibility will be whichever is lower:
- 25 percent of your yearly household income
- The amount a patient with insurance/Medicare would generally be billed
View the complete Financial Assistance Policy in English OR Arabic, French, German, Spanish or Vietnamese