Liberty Cardiothoracic Surgeons
Liberty Cardiothoracic Surgeons is a practice of board-certified cardiothoracic surgeons and physician assistants. The doctors provide comprehensive cardiothoracic care, including:
- Open heart surgery
- Surgical treatment for coronary artery disease
- Valve disorders
- Aneurysm repairs
- Vascular disease
- Lung cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Barrett's reflux
- Robotic lung surgery
- Abdominal, thoracic and aortic aneurysm repairs using stent grafts.
- Adult congenital cardiac surgery.
- Aortic, abdominal and thoracic aneurysm surgeries.
- Atrial fibrillation surgery.
- Complex cardiac valve repair/replacement.
- Complex aortic arch and thoracic aorta resection using normothermic perfusion.
- Complex re-operative cardiac reconstructive surgery.
- Endovascular repair for peripheral artery disease.
- Hypothermic circulatory arrest.
- Laparoscopic hiatal hernia repairs.
- Minimally invasive cardiac and thoracic surgeries.
- Minimally invasive esophagectomy.
- Minimally invasive surgical removal of airway tumors, chest malignancies, chest wall tumors, esophageal cancer, lung metastasis, mesothelioma and other thoracic tumors.
- Minimally invasive valve surgery.
- Mitral valve repair Off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Radiofrequency ablation.
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery.
Robotic lung surgery
Liberty Hospital offers a trained surgical team for robotic lung surgery using the da Vinci Surgical System.
Benefits of this minimally invasive surgery include:
- Reduced chest tube duration.
- Lower risk of complications and wound infections.
- Less blood loss.
- Less pain.
- Shorter hospital stay.
Robotic patients leave the hospital sooner with less pain and return to work or chemotherapy sessions sooner as compared to open-surgery patients. The outcomes are better than standard open procedures, and there is much less trauma to the body. Robotic surgery is associated with a 70-percent lower risk of overall post-op complications.