Take a quiz
Would you answer “yes” to any of the following?
1. I sometimes have pelvic pain (in genitals, perineum, pubic, or bladder area, or pain
with urination) that exceeds a ‘3’ on a 1-10 pain scale with 10 being the worst pain
2. I can remember falling onto my tailbone, lower back or buttocks (even in childhood)
3. I sometimes experience one or more of the following urinary symptoms:
- Accidental loss of urine
- Feeling unable to completely empty my bladder
- Having to void within a few minutes of a previous void
- Pain or burning with urination
- Difficulty starting or frequent stopping/starting of urine stream
4. I often or occasionally have to get up to urinate two or more times a night.
5. I sometimes have a feeling of increased pelvic pressure or the sensation of my pelvic organs slipping down or falling out.
6. I have history of pain in my low back, hip, groin, or tailbone or have sciatica.
7. I sometimes experience one or more of the following bowel symptoms:
- Loss of bowel control
- Feeling unable to completely empty my bowel movements
- Straining or pain with a bowel movement
- Difficulty initiating a bowel movement
8. I sometimes experience pain or discomfort with sexual activity or intercourse.
9. Sexual activity increases one or more of my other symptoms.
10. Prolonged sitting increases my symptoms.
If you answered “yes” to 3 or more, you would likely benefit from seeing a pelvic health physical therapist! These are not issues you have to live with; relief is possible.
(Pelvic Dysfunction Screening Protocol form by Nicole Cozean, PT, DPT, WCS, CSCS and Jesse Cozean, MBA)
Ask your doctor to provide a referral to one of our pelvic floor physical therapy specialists, or call our office at 816.407.2315 or 816.407.4516 for more information.